1. IDT does not discriminate against any consumer who exercises any of the consumer’s rights under the VCDPA.
2. In order to comply with a consumer request, IDT must reasonably authenticate the request. A record of each request is made as soon as it is received by our data protection team. IDT will use all reasonable measures to authenticate the identity of the individual making the request.
We will utilize the requested data to ensure that we can verify the requestor’s identity and where we are unable to do so, we may contact you for further information, or ask you to provide evidence of your identity prior to responding to your request. This is to protect your data and rights.
3. IDT will attempt to authenticate each request and if it is able to authenticate a request it will provide a response (if necessary and applicable) within 45 days of the receipt of the request, which time period may be extended by IDT for an additional 45 days. If a delay is necessary, IDT will contact the requestor within the original 45 day period and provide the reasons for the delay. All IDT responses shall be in writing. The response shall be sent by mail or electronically. If IDT is not able to process your request, we will inform you of that and (where possible) of the reasons for not acting upon your request.
4. If IDT refuses to take action on your request you have the right to appeal that refusal within 30 days of your receipt of IDT’s response by sending an email to firstname.lastname@example.org and requesting an appeal. Within 60 days of IDT’s receipt of your appeal, we will inform you of any action taken or not taken in response to the appeal, including the reasons for our decision. If your appeal is denied, then you may contact the Virginia Attorney General at (804)786-2071 to submit a complaint.
5. By signing above, the consumer is signing this document electronically and acknowledges that:
a.my electronic signature is the legal equivalent of my manual, handwritten signature on this document;
b. my signature on this document (my “E-Signature”) is as valid as if I had signed the document in writing;
c. no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate my E-Signature; and
d. I am authorized to sign the document and acknowledge that I may request a paper version of the document by contacting IDT.