1. IDT does not discriminate against any consumer who exercises any of the consumer’s rights under the UTPA. Pursuant to the UTPA IDT is permitted to offer rewards, premium features, discounts, or other benefits to its customers if related to a consumer’s voluntary participation in a bona fide loyalty program.
2. In order to comply with a consumer request, IDT must reasonably authenticate the request. A record of each request is made as soon as it is received by our data protection team. IDT will use all reasonable measures to authenticate the identity of the individual making the request.
We will utilize the requested data to ensure that we can verify the requestor’s identity and where we are unable to do so, we may contact you for further information, or ask you to provide evidence of your identity prior to responding to your request. This is to protect your data and rights. If a third party, agent or representative is submitting an opt-out request on your behalf, we will verify their authority to act for you and may contact you and them to confirm your and their identity and to gain your authorization prior to taking action upon the request.
3. IDT will attempt to authenticate each request and if it is able to authenticate a request it will provide a response (if necessary and applicable) within 45 days of the receipt of the request, which time period may be extended by IDT for an additional 45 days. If a delay is necessary, IDT will contact you within the original 45 day period and provide the reasons for the delay. All IDT responses shall be in writing. The response shall be sent by mail or electronically. If IDT is not able to process your request, we will inform you of that and (where possible) of the reasons for not acting upon your request.
4. The UTPA contains certain exemptions and exceptions to the exercise of some of these rights. If one or more of those exemptions or exceptions applies to your request, then we may not be able to act upon your request. Where possible we will inform you of the reasons for not acting upon your request.
5. By signing above, the consumer is signing this document electronically and acknowledges that:
a. my electronic signature is the legal equivalent of my manual, handwritten signature on this document;
b. my signature on this document (my “E-Signature”) is as valid as if I had signed the document in writing;
c. no certification authority or other third party verification is necessary to validate my E-Signature; and
d. I am authorized to sign the document and acknowledge that I may request a paper version of the document by contacting IDT.